How many of you have seen Predator? You know, the original version in which good ol’ Arnie gets down and dirty in the mud in order to hide from the Predator. Good stuff right there! I just love his sweet accent, and how words like “chopper” come out “choppa!”
You’re welcome, ladies. A shirtless Arnold for ya. But you know how he got that bod, right? Hello weight training!
In fact, I tried my hand at Arnold Presses the other day with my friend Lori! It was my first attempt at any Arnie moves, and let me tell ya, my muscles were feeling the burn!
Here is a layout of what my and Lori’s workout looked like the other day:
- Arnold Presses: we did 2 warm-up sets of 12, followed by 3 sets of 10 repetitions
- One arm side raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated rear delt raises: 3 sets of 15
- Front plate raises: 1 set of 20 reps (since it’s only one set- CHALLENGE yourself! It will be worth it!)
Another good workout that we completed yesterday focused on the chest. I am pretty sore today, so I know it was highly effective!
Here ya go:
- Assisted Dips- we reversed our grip so that our hands were pointed in): 3 sets of 6
- Decline Dumbell Bench Press (45-60 degrees): 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes (at 45 degrees): 3 sets of 12 reps
- (Straight) Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Straight Arm Dumbbell Pullover: 3 sets of 15 reps
Well, I apologize for the short post, but I am off to meet up with a friend! Have a wonderful Saturday night!
Questions to ponder:
- What is your favorite testosterone-pumped movie? Why?
- What are your favorite shoulder and chest moves at the gym?